Unfortunately, no neighborhood is completely immune to crime. However, there are steps you can take to help keep your family and neighborhood safe. One of the most important steps is: REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY!
What is Suspicious Activity?
• Driving a vehicle slowly and aimlessly around the neighborhood.
• A stranger loitering in your neighborhood.
• Someone lurking around schools, parks, or secluded areas.
• Someone peering into cars or windows.
• Sitting in a vehicle for extended periods of time or conducting transactions from a vehicle.
• Unusual noises like screaming, yelling, car alarms or gun shots.
• Multiple persons who appear to be working together and exhibiting suspicious behavior.
By reporting these types of activities to the Mount Airy Police Department - MD via 911 or their non-emergency dispatch number at 410-386-2860, citizens can make their communities safer and more secure!