Amended Plat Process
Amended Plat RequirementsWhenever the owner of a lot or parcel wishes to add land to the existing parcel, delete land from an existing lot or parcel, consolidate several lots or parcels into one, or otherwise modify an existing recorded plat, the owner shall be required to submit an amended plat for review and approval by the Mount Airy Planning Commission.
After the pre submittal conference, applicants can proceed with amended plat approval process.
- Required Information. The amended plat shall conform in all respects to the requirements of the Maryland Code, Real Property Article, Title 3, Subtitle 1, §3-108, 1981 Replacement volume, as amended, which relates to the making, filing, and recording of plats. The submittal must include all information listed on the final plat application.
- Other plans or documents required. Any other final plans or documents associated with the project and subject to Town approval shall also be submitted at this time. This may include items such as homeowner association documents, restrictive covenants to be established, forest conservation easement agreements, and other items required of the subdivision.
- Plan Distribution and review. Town staff will forward copies of these plans to Town and county for review and comment. Review comments will be compiled by the Town Planning Department, and a plan review comment report will be forwarded to the applicant within 30 days of acceptance of the submittal. Outstanding agency comments will be forwarded to the applicant upon receipt by the Town. The applicant must address the comments and submit revised plans if required.
- Agency comments and revised plan. Review comments will be complied by the Town Planning Department and a plan review comment report will be forwarded to the applicant within 30 days of acceptance of the submittal. Outstanding agency comments will be forwarded to the applicant upon receipt by the Town. The applicant must address the comments, and submit revised plans if required.
- Planning Commission Meeting. Town staff will compile any outstanding comments received from reviewing agencies, and prepare a staff report with a recommendation. The Planning Commission will review the plans and staff report, take comment from the applicant, and hear public comment. The Planning Commission may vote to approve, conditionally approve, continue review to the next meeting, or disapprove the amended plat.
- Recordation of final plat. After the PWA has been approved, the applicant may submit the final plat for approval, signature and recordation. Refer to Town Code Section 98-37 for the process for both Carroll and Frederick Counties.