- Our Community
- Trash, Yard Waste & Recycling
Trash, Yard Waste & Recycling
Weekly Trash CollectionTrash is collected every Tuesday for Carroll County premises and every Friday for Frederick County premises and the Nottingham Subdivision. Trash should be put out by 6 a.m. on the day of pick-up. There is a 120 gallon weekly trash limit per premises. Trash service is performed by J&J Trash Service Inc.
If you have any questions, compliments, or concerns regarding your trash and recycling services please contact Town Hall at 301-829-1424.
Your hauler may reject trash placed out for pick up which contains any of these items - do not put these items in with your trash:
- Bulk Items
- Hazardous Materials
- Yard Waste
Yard WasteJ&J Trash Service Inc., is under contract to collect yard waste for the residents of the Town of Mount Airy.
Yard Waste Items
- Must be in biodegradable paper bags (no plastic bags)
- Must be placed at the curb by 6 a.m. on the day of collection
- Should not be placed out prior to the yard clean up dates
- Will be collected from the curb on the dates listed on the calendar
Accepted Yard Waste
- Brush and branches cut in three foot lengths and no more than 3 inches in diameter tied in bundles
- Christmas trees (special pickup dates will be posted on the calendar)
- Grass clippings
- Hedge and garden clippings
- Tree prunings
- Yard trimmings
Non-Acceptable Yard Waste
- Branches larger than three feet long or greater than three inches in diameter or not tied in bundles.
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Root balls
- Any other items such as trash cans or other containers will not be accepted for collection
RecyclingThe telephone number for Frederick County Recycle is 301-600-2960.
Frederick County recyclables are collected every other Wednesday and Carroll County recyclables are collected every Wednesday.
- Learn what you can and can't recycle in Mount Airy.
- Learn how to prepare your cardboard and paper for recycling.